Saturday, July 18, 2015
30 Books Read!
I've now read 30 books this year. I think this list is particularly diverse in genre and form. There's a nonfiction book, a contemporary romance, a dystopian novella, a book of plays, poetry, and short stories.
21. China Dolls by Lisa See. Historical fiction/Chinese-American History/Japanese-American History/1930s/WWII. 3 stars.
22. The One In My Heart by Sherry Thomas. Contemporary Romance. 2 stars.
23. The Complete Poems of Emily Dickinson by Emily Dickinson. Poetry/American poetry. 4 stars.
24. Cutting The Bloodline by Angeline Trevena. Dystopian/Sci-fi. 4 stars. Review.
25. The Scottish Prisoner (Lord John Grey #3) by Diana Gabaldon. Historical fiction/Mystery. 3 stars. Review.
26. The Summer Queen (Eleanor of Aquintaine #1) by Elizabeth Chadwick. Historical fiction/Fictionalized biography/Medieval/France. 5 stars.
27. Kwaidan: Stories and Studies of Strange Things by Lafcadio Hearn. Short stories/Horror/Fantasy/Supernatural/Folklore/Japanese culture. 3 stars. Review.
28. The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro. Literary fiction/Historical. 5 stars. Review.
29. Spy Princess: The Life of Noor Inayat Khan by Shrabani Basu. Non-fiction/Biography/World War Two/Spies and Espionage. 4 stars. Review.
30. The Importance of Being Earnest and Four Other Plays by Oscar Wilde. Plays/Classics/British Literature. 4 stars.