More Downton Abbey Predictions, Season 5 edition
Season Four of Downton Abbey has ended here in the U.S. and the cast and crew are back to work on the next season now.
Which, naturally, has me thinking of what might happen come Season 5. Here is some early Season 5 casting news.
So, Downton fans, what do you think will happen next season? Obviously contains spoilers for season 4 below.
1) I want the love quadrangle upstairs between Lady Mary, Lord Gillingham, Charles Blake, and Evelyn Napier to be resolved somehow. I mean, a proposal and professions of love will do me--I don't need to see them married or anything. Anybody have a clear favorite among Mary's suitors? Mine is Charles Blake. I want him and Lady Mary together.
Plus, I'd like Julian Ovenden to somehow burst into song next season. Just sayin'.
|Charles Blake. From Downton Abbey Wiki.|
2) Edith's baby. OMG. I think Mary or Tom, in their capacities as the estate's owner/agent, figure out that the Drewes' new child is really Edith's first. Anyone want to venture to guess on the family's reactions? Or what the baby's name will be? And I hope Michael Gregson returns. One of the new babies on this show should have two living parents, no?
3) I want Anna and Mr. Bates to have a baby! And then angst about whether Anna can keep working ensues. Also, Mr. Bates is totally a murderer. I wonder if Lord Gillingham will ever question Mary further on why she asked him to fire Green just days before he was killed.
4) Can Tom Branson please get a nice, kind, funny woman who a) doesn't ply him with drink and b) isn't f!@#$%n' annoying, please? Also, can he become a little involved in politics?
5) Will Rose finally get into an escapade bad enough to summon her father back from India? Or is he back because his post has ended? And is his wife with him?
6) Oh, Thomas. You have a secret on Miss Baxter. So what is it? Does she have a criminal record? Does she have a bastard child somewhere? Was she involved in the black market?
7) Lady Anstruther shows up in the next season at some point. 'Bye, 'bye Jimmy?
8) So, Isobel: Lord Merton or Dr. Clarkson?
9) I want to meet Lord Gillingham's former fiancee, Mabel Lane Fox.
10) The Dowager has a plethora of new snarkiness.